Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tuna salad fit for a king...





Lunch is becoming my favorite part of the day, even when I eat it in a rush, I always eat something good for me. I watched my coworkers down two pizzas (they are growing boys) and they all looked at me strange when I pulled out my lunch box. Yes! I TAKE A LUNCH BOX TO WORK!!! I MAKE AND PACK MY OWN FOOD FROM HOME!!! I'm so tired of them all giving me that look of disgust, but I guess I can expect nothing different, when I look at them and do the same. Yes, that pizza smells delicious, but I know after one bite, that it will be gross. I just don't like that anymore. Sweets, yes, pizza, greasy burgers, no. After my yummy breakfast and post, I packed up my lunch. I cut up some carrot, added some left over peas, a little onion, and made a little mix of 1 tsp each: olive oil mayo, brown mustard, and Dijon mustard. I packed a big hunk of bread, along with a banana, some almond butter and some mixed nuts.
I only ended up getting time to eat the tuna on top of the bread, but it was amazing tuna salad. I feel like everyone should try it! It was tangy and I got a little of my veggies in there too (only a little, but I'm working on that...). I'm posting dinner soon! See ya then!

1 comment:

  1. I use the salmon in a pouch and greek yogurt. It takes getting used to using Greek yogurt but it's less fat and more protein. I pack my lunch too. It's easier and cheaper.

    Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete