Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Playing catch up!

So I missed a few days -sue me! I've been really busy, and after working a twelve hour shift on the fourth of July (Happy fourth everyone!) I was just too tired to sit down and do this. I do have pics of some breakfasts and some snacks. Please forgive me, I just feel really weird about taking pictures of my food because if my husband caught me he'd probably feel weird too. So here we have:





Oatmeal (awesome banana kind like Kath's ) with one whole banana, a few almonds, a few teaspoons of plain yogurt and a teaspoon of peanut butter (yay!).



I really like oatmeal now! I didn't really care for it in a long time, but I was inspired by Kath's ideas and decided to try it on my own. I have also been adding things like this to my regular cereal, which I have been eating more of this week. We have been eating out a lot too because we are working so much. I had an awesome (but probably not awesome for me) brisket sandwich yesterday for lunch with sweet potato fries. And dinner last night was fantastic! The hubs made a spaghetti sauce, packed with stuff like zucchini, yellow swash, black olives, onions, garlic, and peppers. I think that was everything. At any rate, we ate it over whole wheat pasta with lots of friends! Today's breakfast was:






Multigrain cheerios, 1% milk, a 1/4 cup of blueberries, a half a teaspoon of almond butter. It was awesome! I ate this while I was cooking up this bad boy (for some protein)! With a little sea salt and pepper...mmm... delectableness:


We had to go get a printer (that we have to take back) so we stopped for lunch between coming home from the store and heading into work. I wanted Sonic only because I could get an awesome Lemon Slush, which is the one thing that I managed to get a picture of:




I got a cheeseburger and a small order of tots, and I was actually satisfied and didn't scarf the whole thing down. It may not be a very good thing for me to eat, but at least it held me over for six hours while at work. When I got home, I was kind of hungry, so I broke out what I had packed as a snack for work (didn't get a chance to actually eat it at work!):






I only actually ate the red pepper strips, 8 Melba toasts, and the laughing cow (which is absolutely fantastic by the way!). That should tide me over until dinner. All in my brand new lunch bag!



By Built.

I know that anyone who reads this is going to say "wow, you eat really late at night", because I generally eat dinner around two or three a.m., depending on the day. What must be understood is that I also work at night, as does my hubs. We usually don't see the sun until well after noon. I truly hate to say that, but my days are almost normal, with more time before work and a little less sunlight. It's sort of upside down I guess?? I get around 4 to 6 hours awake before work, and (most of the time) a good few hours after work. Tomorrow will be different, because my schedule varies and I will have to be at work around 10 a.m.
Well farewell, and good night all. Maybe I can get pictures of dinner before the hubs gets home and then I will see you tomorrow!
~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment