Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sweet and Sour....


I tried this recipe from Eating Well... It's sweet and sour chicken. I did tweak it a little and messed it up. I used thin wheat spaghetti noodles (because after three days of rice a week, I needed a little change...) and I don't think I really like apricot preserves with veggies, so I used a little pineapple juice. I think that's why the sauce never thickened so it was just kinda watery. Tasted a little strange. The hubs didn't like it (I could tell, because he was hungry after the first bowl and instead of going back for seconds, he heated up some spaghetti sauce to put on the noodles and ate that plain..yuck!)Although it was a failure, hey, at least I attempted it! For dessert, I had a banana and some pb. I was just craving pb and I don't know why!!! Packing today's lunch already! Sorry I didn't get many pictures, I was trying to go fast....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment